[Cdt-l] Fwd: Socks, filters, Odds and Ends

Sean Staplin seanstaplin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 20:32:09 CST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Staplin <seanstaplin at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] Socks, filters, Odds and Ends
To: Doug Carlson <doug-sue at centurylink.net>

I used thin socks to start, then more medium later. I also found on my last
pair of shoes (vasque velocity 7624), which were also the heaviest, lasted
the longest from Sula to Waterton and had tons of life left. I am still
winter running in them. They were big enough to put a pair of scholls green
full length insoles under the vasque insole. Very cushy and easy on the
feet. I would get pretty sore feet after 20 miles before I found that combo.
I never used a filter. Just flitered through a bandana if it was grungy and
pristine drops(like aquamira). I only had to use grungy water a couple of
times.
I just kept a platy or gatorade bottle in a side pocket and would drink as
I walked. Lets you learn your water requirements.
Don't know how much that helped, but worked well for me.