[Cdt-l] Printing services now available for Ley's Maps

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:15:30 CST 2014

Yogi's Books now offers printing services for Jonathan Ley's maps.
You can order your set here:  www.yogisbooks.com
Orders will ship within one week.

Jonathan Ley makes his maps available for free.  The cost of the map set
purchased through Yogi's Books covers printing services only, not the
creation of the maps.

For some background:  Matt (Yogi's co-conspirator) sold printing equipment
for a few Fortune 100 companies.  He maintained his contacts at Canon, and
we brought in a brand new Canon production print engine to our home office.
 This is the same equipment Matt sold to commercial printers, but with
current technology.

With the addition of this equipment, we are able to produce Ley's maps at a
significant savings from what commercial printers charge - without
sacrificing quality.  Ley does not promote one print shop over another, but
he did give us approval to print his maps for the hiking community.

We are able to offer this Map Set at a reduced price because we don't
account for labor costs.  All we need to do is cover equipment, paper,
maintenance, and power consumption costs.  We also don't overcharge for
shipping.  The shipping charge simply covers postage plus credit card fees.

We live too far from the trail to help maintain any portion of it.  So,
hopefully our local efforts can help fund the efforts of the cartographers
and trail systems by donations fueled from the map recipients' savings.

How can you help?  Jonathan has spent literally hundreds of hours working
on his maps.  Although he makes his maps available for free, Jonathan would
appreciate a donation to help cover his expenses and encourage him to
continue to create his maps every year.  Think about how important it is to
stay "found" on the CDT, then send Jonathan a generous donation.

You can use PayPal, send money to:  jonathan at phlumf.com

If you prefer to send a check, simply email Jonathan (jonathan at phlumf.com),
and he'll send you his snail mail address.

BE SURE to visit Jonathan's site for a full explanation of his maps:
http://www.phlumf.com/travels/cdt/cdtmaps.shtml

Have a great summer on the CDT!  I'll get back out there eventually!

Yogi
www.yogisbooks.com