[Cdt-l] Crazy Cook

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 11 12:47:28 CST 2014

We haven't updated any of the trail or road information as we live a long way from New Mexico.  When we passed through southern NM a few years ago, we spotted new trail markers, but also some of the old ones in the same area.  It must get confusing for hikers trying to figure out which route to follow.  Unfortunately, some of the relocations take you away from the water sources.  I don't know why, except that some hikers may have been contaminating the tanks or scaring the cows.  (Never bathe in a tank.  The cows don't like it.)  We found water fairly frequently (4 or 5 times a day) south of Lordsburg.  In 2006 we easily reached the border in a Subaru Outback.  There were a couple of sandy spots, but that was it.  But that was a long time ago.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/