[Cdt-l] Gila River

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Tue Jan 14 21:36:56 CST 2014

Matthew, Sounds nice.  But last year the main branch ran the color of creamy
coffee.  I used a msr ceramic water filter and 3 or 4 liters would clog the
filter.  Other than that, the Gila River is an adventure just like you
describe and when I finally left the river for the last time heading for
Snow Lake I was sorry that section had ended so soon.  And I don't remember
much trail either, just back and forth across the  river multiple times.
Some mentioned some number of river crossings- like 65 or 75.  I tried
counting the crossing but somewhere after 65 I lost track.  Great trail
fun!!

-Trew