[Cdt-l] POIs vs Waypoints

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Sun Jan 19 21:05:14 CST 2014

I am also using a Garmin Etrex 30 with a waypoint limit of 2000
waypoints and am hiking the NM CDT this Spring. So, there are more
than 2000 waypoints for the NM section,including the alternates?I had
to use POIs on the Arizona Trail, when I had a smaller capacity GPS.

I guess I am used to the PCT style Halfmile waypoints and tracks. It
is nice to have waypoints, but it is even better to have tracks that
connect waypoints. Is it possible to download tracks of the NM CDT
trail?

--Mary "Fireweed"