[Cdt-l] Black Range / official route

walkmoore1 at aol.com walkmoore1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 08:33:41 CST 2014

We took the CDTS route SOBO this fall and much of the trail from East Canyon up to the Black Range Crest was wiped out by fire and subsequent flood conditions (long stretches of no trail at all).  The Trail along the Crest both north and south of Emory Pass and to/along Berrenda Creek was often in bad shape as well, but was usually not too much of an issue. The area was quite devastated by the fires, though.  At times we were covered in soot!
Janie "Not Yet"