[Cdt-l] etrax 30 Question

Larry Swearingen larry.swearingen at frontier.com
Wed Jan 22 14:46:36 CST 2014

I have been doing that.  When I do that I need to setup the gps for whatever coordinate
system the map uses so I’ve been practicing for that using my BLM maps and also the
Bear Creek maps.  I’ve been looking up the Coordinates to a known Bear Creek WayPoint
after changing the Coordinate System to that used on the BLM Maps and locating that point
on the BLM Map.  BLM map coordinate system is not the same as those used on BC Maps.
However the gps will convert the way point coordinates to whatever you set it up for.

I agree though.  The middle of the Gila Wilderness is not the place to try and figure this out
for the first time.  :>)  I do hope to not get so far lost that I’m off a BLM Map.  That would be Lost !

Larry
HooDad