[Cdt-l] USGS maps

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 09:15:30 CST 2014

I use the 1:24000 when on off-trail hikes esp semi-technical ones with at least class 3 scrambles
and I really need the fine detail.

For something that is on trail and/or mainly non-technical off-trail hiking like the CDT,
that scale is not needed.

As someone else said, too many maps needed.

OTOH, if you mix up your CDT journey with some cool off-trail jaunts, let us know! I bet the maps would be useful.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags