[Cdt-l] 7 1/2 minute Maps

Larry Swearingen larry.swearingen at frontier.com
Tue Jan 28 14:39:20 CST 2014

I'd love to have 7 1/2 min. Maps of everywhere I want to go this summer.
But I wouldn't want to figure out which ones those were and then buy all
of them.  How many 7 1/2 min. maps would you need to hike the whole
CDT in New Mexico, including some Alternates ?  You might need a Sherpa
to carry all of them.  {:>)

I'm hoping my BLM Surface Management Maps at 1:100000 and the Bear
Creek Maps and Alternates work out OK.
The BLM maps show Elevations in Metric (ugh !) with 20m contour lines
in red that are sometimes hard to distinguish from little roads.
Oh well, I just got the BLM maps so I could see a lot of territory on one
sheet  for an overview.  I've got 14 of these big 1:100000 maps for the (at 7.95 ea.)
whole State from Crazy Cook up to the CO Border.  Needless to say I won’t
be carrying them all at once.

HooDad