[Cdt-l] Salida/Fibark

Olivia Holmes oliviasholmes at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:20:37 CDT 2014

Hello Hikers!  Just a heads up from Salida...  We have a big festival coming up that you should be aware of since it seems like a fairly typical time for you nobos to be coming through...
We have a big local rafting festival called Fibark June 12-15 which can make for difficult accomodations, etc.. May be wise to plan ahead.  If you're in a pinch and find yourself amongst the wild good times locals (such as myself) could probably find you a yard to camp in but it's best to look ahead.
Just a friendly warning from a current Salida resident and former CDT hiker... Also, if any of you should happen to be here on Wednesday I recommend heading to the Community Center on 3rd and F for AYCE tacos for $5 from 11:45-1:00.  Best deal in town!
Liv