[Cdt-l] How to get to WY-CO CDT trail head?

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 03:58:23 CDT 2014

I started and ended section hikes at  WY-70/Battle Pass; that's as close as
you'll get to the WY/CO border; and the  very small communities of
Riverside & Encampment are 10-15 mi to the E.  There's a PO in Encampment, which I
didn't use due to starting/ending sections  at WY-70; Riverside has a
campground that welcomes hikers and 2 restaurants . The 2 communities are 1 mi
apart. That info  is in Yogi's Handbook I'm sure. You will have to hitch to and
fm Laramie,  where there's a Greyhound Bus Station.
    When I ended a section hike at WY-70, I got  a quick ride to Riverside
in a rainstorm. The next day I was hitching to  the Laramie Bus Station, for
a bus to Denver where my car was parked; I got  very lucky and got a ride
all the way to the Ft Collins Bus Station from a  back country, river guide
guy (saving me at least $30 in bus  fare).
    When I started at WY-70 the next  year, I think I took a taxi to the W
side of Laramie, got 1 ride to Riverside,  and the next day the CG owners in
Riverside gave me a ride to the trail. I  always use preprinted hitch signs
on 8.5x11 white paper, printed in the  biggest, hi quality, bold, black
letters I can fit on the page; use a laser  printer or dip in Thompson's Water
Seal for moisture  protection.

Bob  "Trekker" Brewer

In a message dated 6/10/2014 11:33:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,