[Cdt-l] new CDT

Eric Payne ultrapayne at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:41:13 CDT 2014

I've spoken with the Gila Natl Forest office here in Silver City, and
they've told me that there is still a ways to go before connecting Hwy 180
to the existing trail around Bear Mtn.   They are going to connect existing
public lands that are in State and BLM ownership.  If you look at a BLM
map, you can see that there is a checkerboarded route to connect that does
not trespass at all.

You can see a map of another newly created CDT stretch here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57-0jBnhYBIM2R5VUZacHR1N2c/edit?usp=sharing.
 The route is only marked with blue CDT signs in a couple of spots
along
the ~4 mile stretch of singletrack.  This route ends, without TH, at Bear
Mtn road on LS Mesa, further west than the current access point.  The
eastern side of this newly created stretch does not yet connect to existing
CDT tread, instead ending on the jeep road at Walnut Creek.  This is
grade-A singletrack with huge views.  The furthest easternmost end of this
new trail where it eventually will connect with existing tread is flagged
and awaiting a trail crew.  Surely this will happen this year.  Only time
will tell when the longer stretch from the deadend south of 180 will connect

Some pics along the new trail can be seen here:
http://lowdivide.blogspot.com/2014/01/treasure-hunt.html

-Hearsay

--
http://lowdivide.blogspot.com