[Cdt-l] Custom POIs

Larry Swearingen larry.swearingen at frontier.com
Sat Mar 29 05:13:29 CDT 2014

Hi Mary,
I agree that this Garmin GPS thing gets really frustrating sometimes.
I think the only reason that I’ve sort of “figured it out” is that I am
insanely stubborn.   {:>)
It appears that I have a mix of Way Points and Custom POIs loaded.
At least when I select Waypoint Manager the WPs show up but only
up through Segment 17-@@@@.
>From there north I’ll have to rely on the POIs that I have loaded.
To get to my POIs I select Where to>Extras> A List of all Custom POI Databases>NM_2014B
This takes me to a list of all the POIs for the Bear Creek “Official Route”.
There’s also a NM_ALTB  that is the Alternate Routes POIs.  Like GR_   Ghost Ranch
or PT_   Pie Town route.  When you select one of these POIs it’ll take you to the Map
Where all the POIs and Waypoints show up.
Alternatively if you Select one of the POIs it will take you to the map and you can press the Menu Button
and select “Review Point” you will see the Infomation Page for that POI.
I also have Tracks loaded for the Alternates AND the whole CDNST.  At this time I can’t
remember where I got those.
I loaded the Custom POIs through Base Camp and it sent them to my removable mini SD Card
in the gps.

Larry Swearingen