[Cdt-l] Custom POIs

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:25:10 CDT 2014

Glazed for sure. I did NM last year. Etrex 20. I had the POI from bear
creek  in there no problem at all. They don't show up unless you zoom
down to something like 3 miles.

I barely remember what i did or who i talked to when i did it. I hate
GPS and electronics and usually would rather get lost than endlessly
screw with it.

In the desert last year I was with two others who loved GPS and were
always quicker on the draw than I. I found NM way easier than I
expected and the trail was mostly very well marked.

BUT a day from Cumbres I got very lost in a beautiful valley with no
visible trail that didn't belong to the Elk herd. I whipped out my
Etrex 20 and it showed me exactly where the trail was (climb over the
hill on your right) and bang there was a cairn and a stream and the
trail and a big bull Elk.

So thank you Etrex 20 and Bear Creek too.

Everything is in Walking Distance