[Cdt-l] Custom POIs

BCSS bcss at bresnan.net
Sat Mar 29 13:45:21 CDT 2014

Yes they will.  The setting does not affect your ability to manually zoom in and out, but rather is a filter for how much information is shown.  Larger zoom levels show more data. If installed correctly, POI's behave exactly like waypoints except they don't display the ID until you place the cursor over them.

BTW, Base Camp does not work properly with POI's.  It will install waypoints in .gpx format but not .gpi. To make your own POI's from gpx files you should use Garmin POI Loader, which is a free download.

It is possible to install the entire CDT plus selected alternates as a single POI file loaded into the main memory of the gps, eliminating the need to have any SD cards.  (That file is on the BearCreek website for free download)  If you have some additional alternates you are trying to set up you will need to make your own with POI Loader.  It is ok to have more than one .gpi file - just give them unique names.  They need to be installed under the Garmin directory in a subdirectory called POI.   (Garmin/POI/*.gpi)  This is true if you install to a card or to the main memory.

Jerry Brown

Sent from my iPad