[Cdt-l] Custom POIs

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Sun Mar 30 00:26:29 CDT 2014

 Well--the trouble isn't using GPS in the field, that is easy, the
problem is downloading the stuff beforehand with lousy documentation
for the gadgets we use and the way we use them. I also carry a
compass, which I have used since the 70's, but using a GPS in the
field is like driving a Porsche over the compass Volkswagen. Much
faster to locate yourself. GPS companies just aren't geared to our
type of use, but to the needs of people geocaching and doing low
mileage trips.
--Fireweed