[Cdt-l] Montana start 2015

Chuck Shugart cshugart at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 8 22:29:00 CST 2014

First of all, thanks to all who helped me along the way this year with advice and counsel on this list.  I started at Crazy Cook and made it to Monida Pass near Lima Montana.  So I am just a lowly section hiker with the Montana section left to go next summer.  I want to pick the likely best date to start at Monida Pass at I 15 to go NOBO to Waterton.  I'm thinking the last week of June.  With only about 750 miles left, I figure it'll take me about 6 weeks.  I'm hoping to avoid snow in higher elevations in southern Montana, and assume a mid to late August finish should be fine on the North end.  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions for where I can look up when the snow is usually gone in the first part of Montana from Lima up to Anaconda?  Thanks.

Chuck Shugart (Hawkeye)
Yellow Grass, Sask. Canada