[Cdt-l] Montana start 2015

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 06:56:02 CST 2014

My only suggestion is that there is nothing lowly about section
hiking. I've thru-hiked trails and sectioned trails, sometimes the
same trails and I've always found it much easier to thru-hike than
section hike.  Getting your legs over again can be a slog and
sometimes the logistics can be a nightmare for section hiking.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Chuck Shugart <cshugart at sasktel.net> wrote:
> First of all, thanks to all who helped me along the way this year with
> advice and counsel on this list.  I started at Crazy Cook and made it to
> Monida Pass near Lima Montana.  So I am just a lowly section hiker with the
> Montana section left to go next summer.  I want to pick the likely best date
> to start at Monida Pass at I 15 to go NOBO to Waterton.  I'm thinking the
> last week of June.  With only about 750 miles left, I figure it'll take me
> about 6 weeks.  I'm hoping to avoid snow in higher elevations in southern
> Montana, and assume a mid to late August finish should be fine on the North
> end.  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions for where I can look up when the snow
> is usually gone in the first part of Montana from Lima up to Anaconda?
> Thanks.
>
> Chuck Shugart (Hawkeye)
> Yellow Grass, Sask. Canada

Everything is in Walking Distance