[Cdt-l] Pie Town

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 21:37:27 CDT 2015

That might be me, but I've just done p/o the GET,  and am heading to p/o
the Hayduke thru the end of May; then I'll finish either  the CDT or PCT or
both in late Jun thru early Sep. I'd be willing to help in  that late Aug thru
early Sep timeframe; keep me posted.
The whole place really needs replumbed with PEX, because freeze breaks and
old pipes, some galvanized and copper as I recall; both will freeze  break.
PT is at 8,000 ft. We'd need to talk to Nita to be sure she wants to keep
Toaster House going for the forseeable future. Also the closest place to buy
PEX  would be a hundred miles away on I-25 or maybe somewhere in AZ.
    I just read Mary Kwart's PT post; the place is  really worse than ever
if the toilet and shower don't work. How about one of you  start a separate
mailing list for Pie Town, but always post to cdt-l also to get  more help.
As I said in an earlier post we need to find out if, or how much Nita  is
willing to pay for supplies; or, should we just take up a collection amongst
us. I'd make an estimate of $500 minimum for supplies and 2 special tools,
one of which I have in TX, but not with me.
    As I said a month ago, the pies at the  Pie-O-Neer are the best you'll
ever have, unless your mamma was a damn  great baker! Nita leaves the
packages inside the TH; I've never  heard of a problem; and, again she lives 3
miles outside of  town.

Bob "Trekker"  Brewer
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas

In a message dated 4/6/2015 5:15:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,