[Cdt-l] HELP! iPhone GPS Weighpoints

Drew Smith jdrewsmith at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:00:10 CDT 2015

Porsche -
The easiest way I know to load and use GPS waypoints is through the Gaia
GPS app.  It is somewhat pricey ($20), but is well worth it.  The app is
well-designed, and customer support is outstanding.

With Gaia on your phone, email the waypoint file or files (they will have
the .GPX file type) to yourself.  Open the email on your phone, and tap on
the attachment.  The phone should ask whether to open the file in Gaia
(yes).  That's it.

Gaia allows you to download USGS (or other) topo maps for offline use, so
your waypoints can show up in their proper context.

Hope this helps

Drew/Happy Hour