[Cdt-l] Water Filter of Choice

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:27:37 CDT 2015

I use the Sawyer filter, the regular one. The mini is a bit slower. The 1
oz more weight is worth the speed I think. My wife uses the mini.
Truthfully my favorite is the Platy Gravity filter but  it is cumbersome on
trail. At night its nice to fill and have four liters in the morning.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Doug Carlson <doug-sue at centurylink.net>
wrote:

> About two weeks out from hiking the JMT- in 21 days.
>

> Not too bad for a slow poke.
>

> My observation on the preferred water filter on the JMT:  All I saw being
> used were the Sawyer mini filters except for one person using another type
> of filter.
>

> I used the Sawyer filter.  What are bpers using on the CDT this year?

Everything is in Walking Distance