[Cdt-l] A little Trail Humor (this one from the JMT)

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Sun Aug 9 21:53:32 CDT 2015

A couple of days out from Tuolumne Meadows Todd and I (Tood from Wisc who
did most of the JMT with me and the guy I started with) started talking
about getting a malt at the snack shop.  The grill in Red Meadows had a
great malt and we both wanted more.

How disappointing when we finally got in line at Tuolumne to place our
orders for real food to find out they had NO malts on the menu.  Todd and I
began to explain to the lady (in her young 20s at the most) why malts should
be on the menu.

She paused, gave us both "the look" and then changed her voice a bit and
said out loud, "Oookay, No soup for you!"

Now some may understand this humor, a few may miss it.  We all laughed
together, but no malts!

-Trew (Doug, Keymaster, etc)