[Cdt-l] Water Treatment

Christopher Hillier cbhillier2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:27:56 CDT 2015

I want to pose a question to this group because I think it's a
well-moderated forum and it seems like mostly experienced hikers here. I
DON'T want to open (re-open!) a can of worms about the best way to treat
water.

I'm looking for some hard data about the relationship between treating
water (or not) and hikers getting sick. I'm NOT looking for annecdotal
evidence or manufacturer's claims. I hope someone here can point me to an
actual study that shows, conclusively, that not treating water leads to
sick hikers.

Any information is much appreciated. Thank you!

Wolverine
AT 2011
PCT 2012
CDT 2014