[Cdt-l] Section Hike 2016 Southbound from Glacier in August

awb51 awb51 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 04:08:30 CST 2015

 Having thru hiked the AT and section hiked most of the PCT, I want to start
section hiking the CDT. Since I am in the US this summer for a family
reunion, I am planning to hike south-bound from the Northern Terminus for
about 400 to 600 miles.
I have not done too much reading yet, though have followed some other
hiker's journal.
Perhaps somebody can give me some quick answers on the following:

1) Which is the best town to fly into (I will be coming from Maine, New
England area)
2) Best way to get to the Northern Terminus, I believe there are two
Terminus?
3) Best way to get around the permits when the exact dates are not clear
yet?
4) How do the daily mileages in Montana compare to the AT or PCT (e.g. High
Sierra)
5) Anybody else in the area late July and August?

Thanks for your help
Matterhorn alias Adrian from Switzerland