[Cdt-l] more activity - snow advice

john paton johnpaton245 at fsmail.net
Tue Feb 17 03:39:57 CST 2015

Hi, While it is only a snapshot, I did that section NB in '09 starting out from Chief Joseph on 7th July and first encountered snow on the ground at Pintler Pass at 8738 feet where there was deep snow on the north side going down to Johnson Lake. Got the same at the next pass. Took the Anaconda cut-off and crossed 2 steep snow chutes on the side of Mount Tiny. Got rain, hail, and snowed on, but only showers. No major weather, snowpack or snowmelt issues after that all the way to Marias Pass. The Chinese Wall and The Bob were outstanding. The site http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/anaconda/montana/united-states/usmt0006 seems to give a common picture of historical weather patterns in that area. Are you the Jim & Jane that mentioned Erwin, TN in a previous? Scotland

 Message Received: Feb 16 2015, 12:29 AM