[Cdt-l] Toaster House in Pie Town Still available?

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Tue Feb 24 14:45:07 CST 2015

The Toaster House in NM is almost like a traditional stop for CDT hikers.
It would be a shame to lost it.

I live less than 5 hrs from it.  I know almost nothing about plumbing, but I
would be willing to meet any plumber who needed a helping hand to fix the
place.  The idea would be to see the Toaster House become a permanent CDT
stopping place.

But then there would be continued maintenance and upkeep on the house and
that is probably more than the CDT budget could care for.

In the lower Peninsula of Michigan on the North Country Trail there is the
Old School House owned by the NCTA and used as a gathering place for  NCT
hikers and as a stopping off place for backpackers, though backpackers don't
need any camping spots in that area.  The Old School House is like a rally
point in the middle of the NCT.

Be nice if the Toaster House could be set up in NM as a stopping place for a
shower, mail drops, but then, its not my property, and I am just wishful
thinking here.....