[Cdt-l] Which Route N of Sliver City, NM?

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Wed Feb 25 00:43:48 CST 2015

The Gila River is a whimp as far as rivers go.  There are no dangerous crossing.  Generally most depts are around knee high.  Of course you can wander into a few holes if you want, but the river is very doable.

I have been up the Gila River 2x now.  Once before the great flood, and once the first summer after the flood.  There were 2 spots the first year that gave me a challenge, but both those spots were gone the next year.  But overall, the Gila is a whimp.

I am trying to remember if I encountered any rain in that section- can't remember any.  Cowboy camping from CC to Lordsburg is ideal.  I did for the first time last year.

-Trew