[Cdt-l] cdt-l activity

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Fri Jan 30 10:43:56 CST 2015

Bob, I turned 66 in December.  I just completed 7 days in the Superstition Mtns Wilderness here in AZ and I am beat up.  Like hiking Ws all day.  I am becoming more interested in hiking loops or shorter trails now and certainly trails that are more level.

The section we (two of us) did in the Supers is the first 2 segments of the GET trail from First Water TH to Picketpost Mtn.  Distance is about 50 miles and suggested time is 3- 4 days but we needed 7 days to do it.  Lots of cats claw and over grown trails and so many ups!!!  Like 2 ups for every down.  At least.