[Cdt-l] New Mexico Wolves

Jim Wolf mail at cdtsociety.org
Thu Jul 2 16:16:00 CDT 2015

The Western Environmental Law Center is initiating litigation, which
CDTS will follow and expects to support, to protect the endangered
Mexican gray wolves that are occasionally viewed by hikers along the CDT
between Grants and the Gila Wilderness.

We would welcome any observations (date and location, if possible) and
comments.

Thanks.

The WELC announcement is as follows:

*We think this wolf is worth fighting for. *
Once common in the Southwestern U.S., the Mexican Gray Wolf now barely
clings to survival in Arizona and New Mexico. Today we filed a federal
lawsuit to ensure that Mexican Gray Wolves have the land and the
protections they need to recover and roam free. This will likely be a
long and expensive court battle, but these wolves' future is at extreme
risk and we must act now! Want to help? Donate to our legal fund and
join us in taking a stand to protect the beautiful and majestic Mexican
Gray Wolf!

---