[Cdt-l] Mexican gray wolf

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 17:15:33 CDT 2015

Ken, it sounds like you may have heard a northern gray wolf in Utah, which would also be rare. Just such a wolf was reported to have crossed into Arizona north of the Grand Canyon in recent memory, which was seen as a big deal. Unfortunately it was later found dead from a gunshot wound.

The Mexican gray wolf is known to occur in the US only in the greater Gila - Blue Range Wilderness recovery area, and certainly not north of I-40 or east of I-25 (except at the Sevilleta Wildlife Refuge where many of the wolves are captive bred before release into the recovery area).

Brett

Message: 2