[Cdt-l] Sleeping Bag

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:00:44 CDT 2015

Just to add more options, I used a Z Packs 20 degree bag/quilt in 2012 on
the CDT and was never cold.  At 1 pound, it's the best bag I've ever owned
and has lasted through rehikes of Glacier, the Winds, a thru hike of the AT
and this year an early season hike of the Camino de Santiago and several
trips along the JMT, and it's still got loft.  With a light, dress zipper
closure, which is underneath, it has no need of zipper baffles and no hood,
they've saved fully a pound in weight over many competing bags.  There is a
drawstring however at the top so it can be snugged up and around your face
for the full mummy experience if you want that, but almost always I used it
as a quilt.  Camped above 13,000 in the snowy San Juans however, the mummy
ability made it a real bag when we needed it.  Great bag and I'm still
using it.

Shroomer