[Cdt-l] Caches, parking, transportation

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:22:59 CDT 2015

Michelle-- I also travel with a service dog and would be happy to talk to you off line if that would help. Mr. Cody has traveled 2/3 of the PCT and more than 1/2 of the CDT with me. At 12 years old he hiked 375 miles through the Rockies with my husband and I this summer. I would not recommend taking a dog on long road or hot stretches especially if you are covering a lot of miles. I think it’s not only hard on the feet, but also on their joints. We “parked” Mr. Cody in Lander when we walked the Great Divide Basin-- the temperature at our level was sometimes in the 90s, but 3 feet off the ground where the dog would have been was always much higher.

Jo
www.postholer.com/jo