[Cdt-l] Cirque of the Towers Alt vs Big Sandy Lodge resupply - trying to do both
bcss at bresnan.net
Sun Feb 28 13:27:56 CST 2016
1. Go to Big Sandy Lodge as planned.
2. Go to 1798.1 and get back on the trail.
3. Either go right 1/2 mile to the Big Sandy Trail and follow it left (NE) or stay on the main route 8/10 of a mile to 1798.9 and turn right on the Diamond Lake trail. (It merges with the Big Sandy Trail in about 2 miles.) This is shown on BC WY map 38.
4. Follow the Big Sandy Trail to Big Sandy Lake and join the Cirqe of the Towers route at about Guthook mile 11.0. Stay on that route - Jackass Pass then Texas Pass to the Cirque..
(970) 403-3527 Cell: (970) 317-1398
Email: bearcreek.gis at gmail.com
> On Feb 26, 2016, at 5:21 PM, Brian Watt <bwatt at 1fifoto.com> wrote:
> Anyone, I'm trying to figure out the typical sequence of hiking the section of trail from South Pass City WY (Guthook mile 1752.6) to Dubois WY (mile 1922.3). I was assuming I'd take the Cirque of the Towers Alt trail which starts at mile 1784.2 and rejoins at mile 1804.2. But I also was planning on stopping and resupplying at Big Sandy Lodge (mile 1798.1), which conflicts with taking the Alt trail. What would you suggest? Sincerely, Tartan
> Cdt-l mailing list
> Cdt-l at backcountry.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cdt-l