[Cdt-l] List Activity

William Hersman mcak at gci.net
Mon Feb 20 20:07:26 CST 2017

This may be a bit early to post, but for the benefit of northbound through-hikers I will say this.  I live in the Gila NF.  The Gila River is currently waist to chest high and very slow to recede.  This may be the year to actually follow the CDT on the actual CDT instead of following streams.  All of the springs should be reliable.  But no hurry to cross NM - there will a lot of snow waiting in Colorado. A lot.  But not as much as PCT hikers who will have Sierra snow covering the trail until late July, at least, and very deep streams crossings.

Good news - the drought is over.  For now.

Willy
PCT 1978
CDT 1980