[Cdt-l] List Activity

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:22:09 CST 2017

Well, you've done some of the best.  But frankly, the Colorado Rockies, the
Winds, the Basin, all of New Mexico, so much of the trail is just
incredible.  If I were to do one of the long trails for a second time, it
would be the CDT.  I had such a wonderful summer on it.   The PCT is home
as I'm from CA and I love it and the High Sierra and Cascades, and the
deserts too for that matter, but the CDT was simply the best adventure of
my hiking life.  The year after I finished the CDT, I went back and spent a
month rehiking the Winds and Glacier with my Japanese friend, Yoshihiro
Murakami, who fell so in love with the Winds, that he's been back 4 times
now, twice with his wife.  This summer I'll be taking my wife into the
Winds for a month of backpacking.  They've become my favorite mountain
range in the lower 48.

Congratulations on coming so far on the PCT while working!  And when you're
done, there's just so much more.  The American West is incredible!

I'd recommend joining the CDTC as they're the steward organization at this
point, and Theresa Martinez, their head, is a great resource and a great
gal.

Thanks for shooting a message into the void!  And welcome aboard.

Shroomer