[pct-l] snow on the John Muir Pass

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Sun Aug 6 22:22:33 CDT 2006

 I am looking for information or / a second guess on just how much snow is
still in the Hi Sierra  from Kennedy Meadows

 to the John Muir Pass where the hut is located and north to Tuolumne
Meadows.  The Monk will be finished with Oregon

soon and is looking at a September 1st start from Kennedy Meadows.  I am
also thinking about the river and creek crossings.

So if anyone has recently hiked in that area I would like to hear from you.
I am reading journals however they are not giving me the info

that I need.  For some reason I am not receiving the PCT messages but hope
that will be remedied soon, so please include my email address

in the TO: line.

Thanks,

Marge (the old gal)