[pct-l] marbles mtns. and books

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Thu Aug 10 10:46:47 CDT 2006

According to a local newspaper, The Pioneer Press, dated August 9th., the Marbles will be closed "...until all the wildfires in the area are fully suppressed." This is a totally reactive response, in my humble opinion, to this country's paranoia. "It has gotten to a point where we could guarantee the safety of the Wilder visitor."  As stated by Peg Boland, Forest Supervisor for the Klamath  Nation Forest. As a resident of the area, I am truly sorry for the hassle this will cause not only thru hikers but all hikers in the area. I look forward to any response Deems might have, but being an employee of the USFS-KLN I will totally respect his decision if he chooses to remain silent.

Does anyone know anything about the book Dances with Marmots? I'm considering buying it and just wanted some feedback from those who already have.

JoAnn
Are We There Yet