[pct-l] Ground transportation information needed

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 20:22:46 CDT 2006

Gutsy wants to complete one more section before returning to SC--the 140-mile stretch between Sonora Pass and Truckee, and is considering doing it southbound.  That would complete the PCT for her.

What's the best way to travel from Manning Park to Soda Springs/Truckee, CA?  I looked on the Greyhound website and they have no scheduled stop there.  Will the bus stop on request?  Would she have to buy a ticket to Reno?  Is Amtrak train or bus available out of Sacramento?  I looked at the Amtrak schedule online but couldn't make heads or tails out of it.  Soda Springs and Truckee appear to be scheduled stops.  I could have puzzled over it longer, but decided to consult the experts (ya'll!) first.

Gutsy's Dan