[pct-l] SuperSecret Bag Balm

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sat Aug 12 19:29:21 CDT 2006

Good afternoon, Hoov,

I can vouch for Bag Balm on crotch problems based on experience that dates
back to the Roosevelt administration and continues to this day.  I was
raised on a farm and  I subjected myself to all manner of physical abuse,
the
treatment for which depended upon which side of the yard fence I was on at
the time.  If I was inside the house or house fence, my Mom would dose any
cut or scrape with all-purpose Watkins Blue Salve, however if I was on the
farm side of the fence my Dad took over and he always reached up on the barn
wall for the big green can of Bag Balm.  He figured since it helped the
cattle and the draft horses, it probably should fix me, too.

I lost hide in places I couldn't always see, but Dad tipped me off to how
bad the problem was.  If I saw him take a one-finger dip into the Bag Balm
can I knew I had some kind of average little run-of-the-mill problem.  If I
saw a two-finger dip coming knew things were much more serious.  Only once
did I experience a problem requiring a three-finger dip, and that was when a
steep hill and a malfunctioning bicycle coaster brake let fifteen yards
gravel road remove a substantial portion of the sun-tan from the right side
of my body.  I never did experience a catastrophe requiring a four-finger,
or full-hand dip as it was called, and I shutter to even imagine what that
would be like.

Dad milked the cows by hand, and it was my job to apply Bag Balm after he
finished.  It's amazing what a puberiscent boy can think of to do with Bag
Balm after having spent the better part of an hour massaging cows' teats.
Anyway, the stuff works for hands, feet, crotch rot, or just about any other
problem on your hide.

Steel-Eye