[pct-l] McKenzie Pass

Dick Kuehn rpkuehn at comcast.net
Sun Aug 13 14:59:13 CDT 2006

My wife and I hiked northbound from Hwy 58 arriving at McKenzie Pass (Hwy
242) this last Thursday.  The PCT was "officially closed" north bound from
the Obsidian Creek trail junction with the PCT (approximately 11 miles south
of Hwy 242).  The detour takes you west to Hwy 242 then north to McKenzie
Pass.

However, the detour was ignored by a large number of backpackers (30+)
including us. The fire that caused the detour is out.

More information on the fires can be found at
http://www.nwccweb.us/information/fire_info.asp

Dick
"Maps"