[pct-l] PCT History Presentation in Sth Lake Tahoe

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 14:21:03 CDT 2006

The USFS is holding its annual Sierra Nevada Wilderness Ranger Rendezvous in
Sth Lake Tahoe or Echo Lake on Sept. 15/16 and Rob Mason, who you may have met
at the last one or two ADZ's, is looking for someone with a good PCT
background to attend and give an hour talk on the history of the PCT and an insight
into the trail culture.

He has asked me to do this, but I simply cannot.  Thus, once again I reach
out to the greater PCT community and ask for someone to step up and help to be
an Ambassador for this incredible resource.

If you live in or near the location and wish to offer your services then
please let me know offlist and I will forward your contact info and brief bio to
Rob.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel

"To the Backpacker time and place have no meaning. Independent and
self-sustaining he is his own master. That is the joy of backpacking. Wandering where
and when he wishes, darkness finds him "everywhere at home.""
Clinton C. Clarke in "The Pacific Crest Trailway" 1943