[pct-l] Trail Etiquette

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Tue Aug 15 13:05:24 CDT 2006

Poor supply town trail etiquette may be the source of the "hoard" problem
that has been variously contributed to the timing of the ADZ.  Every year at this
event we have been specifically focused upon issuing the overall message that
thru-hiker's behavior in trail supply towns effects all of the trail
community and especially those who follow in their footsteps.  This is another reason
to hold the event at the southern terminus where there is a "first up"
opportunity to sell this message to all.    However, no matter what we preach we
cannot ever expect to have all of the sheep behave accordingly.

IMHO,

Greg Hummel

Remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
how amazingly unlikely is your birth . . .
and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
cause there's damn near none here on earth!
Monty Python "The Meaning of Life"