[pct-l] bad trail manners

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Tue Aug 15 15:28:50 CDT 2006

IMHO it is primarily from hikers not associated w/this list or any other major hiker-related site that might cause difficulties in dealing with on trail manners.  Also, I HATE to sound like "...back in my day..." but I am thinking most of any problems with behavior vs. hiker might come from some of the younger folks on the trail. Lack of a connect to the world outside themselves can be a possible short coming of their age...don't ask virtually any of us how we may have behaved in our youth!  Virtually all younger people, partly due to lack of life experience find it easier to have tunnel vision than those of us who have been around a while and are more aware of the  "greater good". And there will always be those of every age out there with bad manners; never to be discounted in reference to poor behavior, having nothing to do with hiking, hikers, etc. In the mean time, as so many of us do, pick up what you can; speak up when you see a "wrong" or bad manner act taking place, and keep the meaning of the pct, hiking and our love of the trail close to your heart   :)

JoAnn
Are We There Yet