[pct-l] Gutsy

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 17:12:21 CDT 2006

Gutsy phoned from Stehekin.  Hearing her talk about climbing up to Little Giant Pass reminded me of Earl Shafer's rants in 1998 about the climb out of Hot Springs on the AT!  Said it needs a lot of work.  She hiked until 8:30 p.m. more than once in order to get her 20's in.  The fords were not bad at all--just knee deep.  There was a wet, boggy, brushy stretch with cairns, I think after Boulder Peak on the relo.

She met several SOBO's, mostly section hikers.  Her feet are much improved.  She's glad for the bivy that provides another layer in the cool morning.  Her tent is a miga-lite teepee.

Gutsy's Dan