[pct-l] re Trail reroute between Snoqualamie & Stenens Pass

Kenneth Schwarz ksksksks at cox.net
Sat Aug 19 21:17:14 CDT 2006

Just took the reroute SOBO from Stevens. If you are NOBO, take the Pete Lake Trail(1323) to Pete Lake. Then take the 1329 trail over Waptus Pass, along Quick Creek, to Waptus Lake. Turn left (south, I think) onto trail 1310, cross two foot bridges to the edge of Waptus Lake. Return to the PCT by trail 1310A along Spinola Creek. Follow the north to Deep Lake, etc.. This, I heard, was part of the original PCT. It cuts out the Escondido Ridge portion, but still has a good vertical gain and loss. No extra miles. You save two miles by taking the Pete Lake Trail 1323, rather than the Pete Lake footbridge trail 1323B. They are doing trail reconstruction with a crew that is removing "rolling debris" from the Waptus Burn Trail 1329C to the Waptus River Bridge, which is not out. There are signs posted along the way. If you need more information, call Cle Elum Ranger station. The closure is in effect till August 21st.