[pct-l] in the sun

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Mon Aug 21 19:22:46 CDT 2006

Hey Buddy, I need some feed back, please.

In reading Clint Clark's The Pacific Crest Trailway, more than once under the heading Hints and Rules for Backpacking, he makes reference to sitting, standing or lying down IN the sun when resting. Also, he advises "Drink little water, a raisin under the tongue will help." when starting your hike each a.m.

I know things have changed in the hiking realm but was unaware of the significant changes in health and safety.

Feedback, please.

JoAnn
Are We There Yet