[pct-l] Tricking Scott

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 22:22:57 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

THAT'S  RIGHT!!!!
You better paint those reflector stripes across  your back,  Switchback, so
Scott does not run over you in the middle of the  night.

I am going to turn some trail signs  around so he goes in the wrong direction
assuring my victory at the southern  monument and the 2006 PCT Yo-Yo Hike.
He will get confused and be heading  back to Canada instead of Mexico.

No, that will not work.  He  knows the trail too well.  I know.  I will
intercept him and offer a  few free Zero nights here in Las Vegas.  That will do
it.  No one  will hear from him for weeks.  He will disappear into Glitter
Gulch.

You would find him several weeks  later partying and playing Texas Hold 'em
at Caesars Palace.  He will  not know what day it is or where he is.  He will
be muttering something  about, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."  He
will have a T-shirt on  that says, "Duces Wild and So Am I."

When asked about a Yo-Yo, he will  answer, "Is that a new drink?  A round for
everyone!  Hey, for some  reason I cannot get enough pizzas.  Switchback, old
buddy, order another  thick crust double deluxe super size for me."

Yes, his friends will eventually  find him after an extensive search.  They
will have to take him  to Hiker's Heaven for months of rehab.  Only then will
he  realize that he was on a PCT Yo-Yo hike and that I claimed all the
headlines and glory at the southern PCT terminus the previous  month.

Switchback the Trail  Pirate