[pct-l] in the sun

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Tue Aug 22 13:42:11 CDT 2006

Hey Christine,

How be you these days? Well I hope.

I can't seem to get across what I mean (not unusual for me). The book was
written in 1945.  I am sure that standing in the sun to rest and not
drinking much water when heading out on a hike was good advise at the time.
I just found it curious and wondered if anyone was familiar with those two
practices. Another way to put it...I was hoping to hear from those with much
more knowledge of the history of hiking than I. Does anyone (if they'll
admit being that old) admit to having heard their parents or anyone they
knew who hiked in the 40's and 50's adhere to that practice...that resting
in the sun and not drinking much water was generally acceptable as healthy
and safe.

Maybe it's just me...................

are we there yet