[pct-l] VVR to Auberry/Fresno

Joanne Lennox goforth at cio.net
Tue Aug 22 22:37:50 CDT 2006

I have done this drive and I think it went from 3-4 hours; the drive from
shaver lake is the slowest part and is very tedious - a narrow single track
road going around every tree and boulder.  Never seen another road like it.
Every curve and dip of the road is covered with grooves from vehicles
bottoming out, and visiblitlity is very limited.

If you want to go from Auberry over to I-5 you might go a little south and
take the Hernon Rd (just north of the city , lots of stoplights but they are
progressiion and the speed limit is high, or was), and avoid Fresno.

Goforth