[pct-l] Painted Tent Stakes

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 23:26:16 CDT 2006

Say, I was wondering if anyone  knows if any of the tent stakes I painted at
the Kickoff in April and painted at  KM in June are still holding up.  In
fact, any tent stakes I have painted  the last several years.

I paint tent stakes for hikers with  reflective orange paint and with a clear
coating over them for a little extra  protection.

I know that if you pound them into  the ground with a rock, they will chip at
the top.  You only need a little  paint left on them to see them at night
with a headlamp or in the early morning  laying on the ground as you break camp.

Just wondering if I could get  some feedback.

Thanks, Switchback
Leonardo De Vinci of the  Trail